Egg nog, it’s a very divisive drink around the holidays. Some people like it, some people hate it and weirdly, everyone knows someone who LOVES it. We’re impartial and celebrate all holiday traditions, including, but not limited to – ye olde egg nog.
- 5 egg yolks
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp cannabutter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 5 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Beat the egg yolks in an electric mixer until they are white. While mixing, add ½ cup of sugar. Once the sugar is dissolved add in milk, cream, butter, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until they reach soft peaks and then add the remaining sugar. Beat until the egg whites are stiff or peaked.
- Once the egg whites are properly stiffed, add them to your liquid mixture and let them all chill.
- Once ready to serve, top each drink with a little fresh nutmeg.
As a reminder, edibles often take an hour to take effect. As the old saying goes, “start low and go slow.” Don’t risk your experience by overindulging too soon and as always, keep any cannabis products away from those who are not legally allowed to partake.