To kick off Indiva’s Holidaze Bake Off, we’d like to start off with gingerbread cookies. Rich in molasses, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice, these cookies deliver in both texture and taste. Today’s recipe uses cannabutter. If you don’t have any on hand, click here to check out Indiva’s cannabutter recipe.
- 1 egg
- ½ cup softened cannabutter
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar (packed tightly)
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Mix your cannabutter with ¾ cup of brown sugar, mix until it reaches a light and fluffy consistency.
- Add one egg and 1/3 cup of molasses with two tablespoons of water, mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix your dry ingredients together, once combined slowly add a little bit into the butter mixture, mix until everything is thoroughly mixed. Place your mixture in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, preheat your oven to 350 and roll out your dough mixture to 1/8 in thickness.
- Cut out your gingerbread cookies and place onto a greased pan two inches apart.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Cool your finished cookies for at least 15 minutes.
- Get decorating!
As a reminder, edibles often take an hour to take effect. As the old saying goes, “start low and go slow.” Don’t risk your experience by overindulging too soon and as always, keep any cannabis products away from those who are not legally allowed to partake.