Sugar cookies are a simple favourite. They’re good dressed up or bare. Some might argue that they’re best dipped in hot chocolate, but we think they go great with just about any winter beverage. The recipe below makes about two dozen cookies, depending on the cookie cutters you use. Click here to find a few of our favourite cannabis-inspired options.
- 2 1/2 cups of flour, plus extra for rolling
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup cannabutter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix your butter, egg, sugar and vanilla extract together in a large bowl.
- Mix your flour, baking powder and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Once all mix, combine both bowls, a little bit at a time, and stir slowly until everything is blended nicely.
- Now it’s time to let the dough set. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for one hour. Once the dough is settled, preheat your oven to 375F and get ready to roll (literally).
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to about ½ inch in thickness.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Once they come out of the oven, let them cool before you frost them.
As a reminder, edibles often take an hour to take effect. As the old saying goes, “start low and go slow.” Don’t risk your experience by overindulging too soon and as always, keep any cannabis products away from those who are not legally allowed to partake.