First created in 1930, white chocolate is a fairly controversial—albeit decadent and delicious—treat. While chocolate is right there in the name, technically that’s not really accurate. “Real” chocolate contains cocoa butter, sugar, milk solids, and cocoa solids, but white chocolate is missing the last one on the list.
But does it reallllllly matter? Just like how tomatoes aren’t really a vegetable, or how a peanut isn’t really a nut, white chocolate has been adopted into the chocolate family with ease. Those who choose to dismiss white chocolate don’t know what they’re missing, and frankly we invite them to leave that negativity at the door.
White chocolate is a great pairing with fruit, cheesecake, and even the cold-weather favourite hot chocolate. Using Bhang THC Candy Cane White Chocolate, you can create cannabis-infused white hot chocolate at home, and let all the haters know you don’t give a sip about their opinions.
What You’ll Need (Serves 4)
- 4 cups of milk
- ½ cup of finely chopped Bhang THC Candy Cane White Chocolate
- ½ cup of finely chopped non-infused white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 (optional) pinch of salt
- Optional garnishes: white chocolate chips, white chocolate shavings, marshmallows, whipped cream
- Place the milk, white chocolate, vanilla, and (optional) pinch of salt in a medium saucepan
- Whisk continuously over medium-low heat, until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth (do not boil)
- Garnish with your favourite toppings
- Serve immediately
If you prefer a lower dose of THC, you may reduce the ½ cup of Bhang THC Candy Cane White Chocolate to ¼ cup and increase the amount of non-infused white chocolate to ¾ cup.
This incredible (adults only) dessert is perfect as a treat on a cold day or as a flavourful finish to a nice meal. As always, please enjoy responsibly.