There’s nothing like curling up with a nice cup of hot chocolate when the cold weather hits. But why not change it up and make some cannabis-infused hot chocolate instead? Here is our recipe for cannabis-infused chocolate.
- 6 ounces water
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups whole milk or full-fat nut milk
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips, cut into fine pieces
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cannabutter or ingestible cannabis oil
- Bring water to a simmer at medium heat. Once the water has begun to simmer, whisk in the three tablespoons of cocoa powder. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Next, you’ll want to add three cups of milk to the pan while bringing the mixture back down to a simmer.
- Lastly, you’ll whisk your chocolate into the milk and stir occasionally until all the chocolate has melted and your drink has a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Once you have your mugs poured add 1 teaspoon of cannabutter and stir until dissolved.
- Let it cool and serve with marshmallows.
You can change up the flavouring by stirring in same candy cane bits, using flavoured chocolate, or adding some different extracts.
The potency of your edibles will always depend on the potency of your cannabis, how much cannabutter you use, and how many servings the recipe makes. As a reminder, edibles can take 30 minutes to 2 hours to kick in. As the old saying goes, “start low and go slow.” Don’t risk your experience by overindulging too soon and as always, keep any cannabis products away from those who are not legally allowed to partake.