How could we make a list of holiday baked goods and not include brownies? Cannabis users and non-users alike can agree that these are a top-five dessert and the addition of cannabis makes them even better. Below is Indiva’s holidaze spin on an old classic.
- 7 ½ tablespoons (3 ¾ ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon (1/4 ounce) cannabutter (optional)
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, 60-70% cacao
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- A package of crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Grease an 8-inch square cake pan with uninfused butter or your preferred oil/spray.
- Melt all butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in chocolate until combined and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool for five minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt until fluffy and light yellow. Add chocolate mixture and mix until combined.
- Finally, add flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges pull away from the pan and the top has an even, shiny crust. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- After cool, sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top of your brownies and serve.
As a reminder, edibles often take an hour to take effect. As the old saying goes, “start low and go slow.” Don’t risk your experience by overindulging too soon and as always, keep any cannabis products away from those who are not legally allowed to partake.