Here’s an easy recipe that is best paired with Netflix’s latest holiday romcom. One sip and you just might find yourself falling in love with this delicious cannabis-infused drink.
- 6 ounces water
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups whole milk or full-fat nut milk
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips, cut into fine pieces
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cannabutter or ingestible cannabis oil
- Bring water to a simmer at medium heat. Once the water has begun to simmer, whisk in the three tablespoons of cocoa powder. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Next, you’ll want to add three cups of milk to the pan while bringing the mixture back down to a simmer.
- Lastly, you’ll whisk your chocolate into the milk and stir occasionally until all the chocolate has melted and your drink has a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Once you have your mugs poured add 1 teaspoon of cannabutter and stir until dissolved.
- Let it cool and serve with marshmallows and maybe even a sprinkle of crushed candy canes (if you’re feeling festive).
As a reminder, edibles often take an hour to take effect. As the old saying goes, “start low and go slow.” Don’t risk your experience by overindulging too soon and as always, keep any cannabis products away from those who are not legally allowed to partake.