How to make cannabis infused ice cream
In celebration of National Ice Cream Day, we’ve put together a recipe for cannabis-infused chocolate ice cream.
Note: This recipe requires the use of an ice cream maker.
- 4 oz Bhang THC Dark Chocolate finely chopped
- 2 oz Bhang THC Milk Chocolate finely chopped
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- If your ice cream maker says the bowl needs to be frozen before churning, then put it in the freezer the night before
- Place the chopped Bhang chocolate into a glass bowl
- Bring a large skillet of water to a boil, turn off the heat and set the glass bowl in the water. Watch the chocolate as it melts, stirring occasionally
- Pour the milk, cream, sugar, condensed milk, and cocoa powder into a large saucepan. Over medium-high heat, bring the ingredients to a simmer, whisking occasionally until smooth
- Remove the ingredients from the heat, and check that the chocolate is melted
- Pour a ladle-full of the hot dairy mixture into the melted chocolate and whisk until combined. Repeat this until you have used about half the dairy mixture. Add the remaining amount and whisk until combined
- Let mixture cool a bit and then put in refrigerator overnight or for up to one day
- Take the ice cream base and transfer it to the frozen bowl of the ice cream machine
- Churn until the mixture comes to a soft-serve consistency (approximately 25 – 30 minutes)
- Place in the freezer with some plastic wrap or other covering and freeze for approximately 4 hours
Remember: with any cannabis product its always best to start low and go slow. Refer to Health Canada’s guidelines on cannabis consumption for more information.
As with any cannabis product, never share with anyone under the age of 19, and keep cannabis out of reach of minors at all times.