Sugar cookies are a simple favourite. Cannabis-infused sugar cookies? Those are an adult favourite. Keep them bare, cover them in frosting, or even dip them in some hot chocolate. No matter how you indulge, make sure you do so responsibly. The recipe below makes about two dozen cookies, depending on the cookie cutters you use, so keep that in mind when calculating their potency.
- 2 1/2 cups of flour, plus extra for rolling
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup cannabutter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix your butter, egg, sugar, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl.
- Mix your flour, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture a little bit at a time, stirring slowly until just combined.
- Flatten the the dough into a disc, wrap it in plastic wrap, and place it in the fridge for one hour. Once the dough is chilled , preheat your oven to 375F and get ready to roll (literally).
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to about ½ inch in thickness.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they start to brown around the edges.
- Let them cool before you frost them.
As a reminder, edibles can take between 30 minutes and 2 hours to kick in. Always start low and go slow when it comes to cannabis. Only share cannabis edibles with those of legal age. Store all cannabis in a safe location away from children.