Cannabis-Infused Sugar Cookies
Sugar cookies are spectacular. With soft, thick centres, crisp edges, the sweetness of icing, and that melt-in-your-mouth, buttery flavour, they’re always a crowd-favourite. People love sugar cookies so much that there’s a whole day dedicated to them and in celebration of world sugar cookie day, we’ve created a recipe for a cannabis-infused version.
This recipe requires the use of a base such as butter or oil. So first, before we get to the cookie recipe itself, you’ll need to have some cannabutter prepared. If you’re new to baking with cannabis, here is an easy recipe to make great cannabutter.
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup cannabutter
- 1 ½ cups of white sugar (if you have access to infused sugar that will make the cookies extra potent)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and in a small bowl, stir flour, baking soda, and baking powder together, then set aside
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar until smooth, then mix in the egg and vanilla
- Gradually blend in dry ingredients
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes in the pre-heated oven (or until golden) and let stand on cookie sheet for two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks
Remember: with any cannabis product it’s always best to start low and go slow. Refer to Health Canada’s guidelines on cannabis consumption for more information.
As with any cannabis product, never share with anyone under the age of 19, and keep cannabis out of reach of minors at all times.